Due to the COVID-19 outbreak there is no face-to-face training planned until further notice, however we will be offering some live training courses via Zoom or Microsoft Teams- see below for details. All our online courses are available as normal, free to all organisations working with Southwark residents.
The Southwark Safeguarding Children Partnership and the Southwark Safeguarding Adults Board provide free training aimed at all staff, volunteers and community leaders who work directly with children, parents and carers, and vulnerable adults.
Our multi-agency approach to training promotes universally shared knowledge, learning and best practice, and maintains a collaborative and well informed borough-wide workforce.
Our training programme
Below is our current programme of courses being delivered live online. Click on the headings to be redirected to My Learning Source for more information and booking details. All our anytime online courses are also available as normal.
- 3rd November 2020: Suicide and Self-Harm
- 12th November 2020: Child Sexual Exploitation (Level 3)
- 25th November 2020: Race, Culture and Faith Belief systems in Safeguarding Children
- 15th January 2021: FGM (Level 3)
- 15th January 2021: Serious Youth Violence (including knife crime)
The TSA provide free fire safety training for anyone dealing with vulnerable people, including local authority staff, formal and informal carers, friends and family members. This can be accessed here.
Booking your place
All agencies providing services to people in Southwark are able to access free safeguarding training via My Learning Source. Here you can view available face-to-face courses and book your place online, or make use of the many e-learning packages.
Organisation not yet registered with My Learning Source?
- Go to www.mylearningsource.co.uk
- Once you are on the login page, click on 'Support and Login Instructions', read through the information in the pop-up, then click 'Register my Organisation'
- Once the organisation registration form has been completed and submitted to us, a member of the team will check and verify to grant access. You will then be notified within 72 hours by email.
Don't have a My Learning Source Account?
- Your organisation will need to be registered, as per the instructions above.
- Anyone from a registered organisation can then create their own account by selecting 'Create new account' on the login screen here.
If you have any problems accessing MyLearningSource, or have other questions about training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Useful references and information
The Children Act 2004
Children's Workforce Development Council Induction Standards 2006
Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018
The Munro Review of Child Protection 2011.
Intercollegiate document- roles and competencies for healthcare staff 2019